Volunteer at Northwest
STAFF DEADLINE EXTENDED THROUGH MAY 31st!
Creation 2014 Staff Applications
The deadline to sign up as a Creation Volunteer staff has passed. We thank all who have submitted your application and very much look forward to serving together at Creation 2014!
For those who have signed up, below are two links for the “Release Forms” filled out each year: under 18, as well as 18 and over. Everyone must have the applicable form filled out when checking in at the staff office and arriving onsite. Please click on the appropriate link below to print out the form(s), and have it signed accordingly.
The staff assignments should be arriving via email sometime the 2nd week of July, as in years past. Please be praying so that your heart is ready to serve in the position you are assigned. God, in His graciousness, knows how He is planning on using you to serve in His name, and for His purpose! Let’s set our hearts on Him so that we can be unified, and have the same purpose.
It’s looking to be another great year as we serve together to honor Christ!
STAFF RELEASE FORMS Click Below:
Creation Volunteer Staff Orientation Video
Creation Festival Volunteer Creed
As a Creation Festival Volunteer I am committed to doing my best for the Lord and for His glory. As a servant of Jesus Christ and of the Creation Festival I commit to treating all volunteers, festivalgoers, supervisors, support staff and administration staff with the utmost love and respect as exemplified by my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
As a Creation Festival Volunteer I am committed to being drug and alcohol free while serving at the festival. I am also committed to not giving drugs or alcohol to anyone else.
Christian Standards of Living – These traits are STRONGLY encouraged to be part of every Volunteer’s life:
- A strong relationship with Jesus Christ is expected.
- Be faithful in regular church attendance.
- Be a student of the Word of God.
- Be a person of prayer.
- Abstain from anything that could possibly hinder your relationship with God.
- There should be evidence of the fruit of the Holy Spirit in your life.
- Strive to please God in every area of your life.
- There should be evidence of your life being a positive Christian influence on other people.
Code of Conduct
Creation Festival volunteers are expected to always maintain a high standard of conduct, keeping in mind what would best represent the Lord Jesus Christ at all times. Creation Festival volunteers should refrain from participating in illegal drugs, alcohol consumption, illicit sex, adultery, fornication, cheating, gossip, strife, rebellion, ungodly attitudes, police arrest, plagiarism, or use of profane language. The practice of these or any other areas of misconduct, which are not in accordance with the beliefs of Creation Festivals, are grounds for release from duties or denial of volunteer application.
Any person convicted of a sex crime under Megan’s law or similar State reporting agency is barred from serving on volunteer or paid staff for the safety and protection of participants.
This code of conduct applies at all times.
Generally speaking, we expect each person to act in a mature and responsible way at all times. If you have any questions concerning any work or safety rules, or any of the unacceptable activities listed below, please contact the Creation Festivals office for an explanation.
If you commit any of the actions listed below, or any other action not specified but similarly serious, you may be released from your duties pending an investigation of the situation.
- Falsification of Creation Festival’s records.
- Failure to follow safety practices.
- Sharing confidential Festival information.
- Threat or the act of doing bodily harm.
- Willful or negligent destruction of property.
- Use and/or possession of intoxicants, drugs or narcotics.
- Immoral, unlawful, or indecent conduct.
- Use and/or possession of firearms, weapons, or explosives on Creation Festivals property (excluding authorized armed security officers).
The provision of this policy is not a guarantee of its use. Creation Festivals reserves the right to release any volunteer from their duties at any time, with or without reason. Additionally, Creation Festivals reserves the right to prosecute any volunteer for any of the above infractions.
One of Creation Festivals guiding principles is to provide a great environment and to treat each other with respect and dignity. Accordingly, Creation Festivals strictly prohibits sexual harassment or harassment on the basis or race, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
This prohibition applies to all supervisors, volunteers, vendors, or customers. No person is expected to tolerate any conduct prohibited by this policy from anyone while volunteering or attending Creation Festivals.
Sexual harassment prohibited by this policy includes any unwanted sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, or visual, verbal or physical conduct of a sexual nature when:
- Submission to or rejection of such conduct is used as a basis for decisions affecting the participation of the volunteer; or
- Such conduct has the purpose or effect of unreasonably interfering with an volunteer’s work performance or creating an intimidating, hostile or offensive working environment.
The following is a partial list of conduct that would be considered harassment.
- Unwanted sexual advances or propositions.
- Offering benefits in exchange for sexual favors.
- Leering, making sexual gestures, displaying sexually suggestive objects or pictures, cartoons, calendars or posters.
- Making or using derogatory comments, comments about a volunteer’s body or dress, slurs, or sexually explicit jokes.
- Written communications of a sexual nature distributed in hard copy or via a computer network, suggestive or obscene letters, notes or invitations.
- Physical conduct such as unwanted touching, assault, impeding or blocking movements.
- Making or threatening retaliation after a negative response to sexual advances or for reporting or threatening to report sexual harassment.
Volunteer Information – Volunteer Background Check
Prior to becoming a volunteer with Creation Festivals, a background check may be conducted. Background checks may consist of a criminal record check and/or driving record history.
Driver’s License and Driving Record
Volunteers whose work requires operation of a motor vehicle must present and maintain a valid driver’s license and follow the Creation Festivals Use of Ministry Vehicles rules.
If you have questions about our Code of Conduct please contact:
Creation Staff Office
A Part-Time Staff Volunteer will serve one 4.5 hour shift each day they attend the festival (approx), with a minimum of three days. If you plan on arriving Wednesday, you will need to serve a shift that day or night. Thursday is the latest day you may arrive to start serving. With this option, you cannot mix and match days. They need to be consecutive, starting no later than Thursday. In return for serving as a Part-Time Staff Volunteer, your ticket price is discounted and you pay only $55 for the entire event.
Questions? Email email@example.com